On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 2:07 AM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> So, having established that NaN and -0 do not make the round trip from a C
> variable through a database and back into a C variable ... at least I think
> we have ...

If you're assuming C89 (which sqlite3 is, by and large), it's a technical
fact that there is no standard representation of either negative zero, NaN,
or Infinity. Any such support would be non-C-standard.

> Because there's nothing in the SQLite documentation that says it can store
> values like NaN or -0.0.  The documentation just says it can store
> numbers.  It should be possible to find out when the distinction between
> 0.0 and -0.0 gets lost.

sqlite's platform (C89) doesn't natively support it, so if it's there then
sqlite3 is either supporting it itself (custom code) or is relying on
C99-specific APIs (which, to the best of my (fallible) knowledge, it does
not do).

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/