> Also, make sure that folder is not a shared resource or inside a shared
> resource that is visible from any other network node or machine.
>
> This piece, describing the same symptom for Internet Explorer temporary
> files, may help:
> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/814782

The folder is a regular one, alas.

> What happens when you make the DB, set WAL mode, do a Query, then wait 2
> minutes doing nothing, then close the DB. Do the temp files still loiter?

I've tried your 2 minute pause suggestion, just to be sure. But the
lingering journal files remain.

Also, I've added the folder to Windows Defender's exclusion list. There
makes no difference either.

But, as I wrote in my previous post: older versions of SQLite *don't* show
this behaviour (on the same machine)!

Ashwin.