On 2015-02-28 05:02 AM, Darren Duncan wrote:
> I'm seeing a lot of message duplication too, but the ones I see are
> due to someone putting the list address twice as a recipient.
>
> For example a bunch of the "PhD student" messages say "To"
> sqlite-users at mailinglists.sqlite.org plus "Cc" sqlite-users at sqlite.org .
>
> But both of those are aliases for the same list.
>
> Whoever is doing this, sending your messages to both, please stop,
> just send to one, and then people would get one copy.

I don't think it is someone specific, I've seen these from many people -
I think it has to do with the way the reply-to field is interpreted
and/or the way mail clients interpret it when you hit the "Reply" or
"Reply-to-List" buttons.  I'm using an up-to-date Mozilla Thunderbird
client which seems to avoid the issue (unless I am not seeing my own
duplicates).

I find it hard to imagine that suddenly many list users changed the way
they respond to forum emails. The culprit is more likely a change in
some underlying system set-up.