> SQLite version 3.8.8.3 2015-02-25 13:29:11
> Enter ".help" for usage hints.
> Connected to a transient in-memory database.
> Use ".open FILENAME" to reopen on a persistent database.
>
> If I use that version of the amalgamation, I cannot seem to compile a working
> version of the client that will use it -- it crashes as soon as any command
> is issued.

Well, I tried it as well, and succeeded to create a working sqlite3.exe which
links with the "winsqlite3.dll" from Windows 10:
    >sqlite3
    SQLite version 3.8.8.3 2015-02-25 13:29:11
    Enter ".help" for usage hints.
    sqlite> pragma compile_options;
    ENABLE_API_ARMOR
    ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA
    ENABLE_FTS3
    ENABLE_FTS4
    ENABLE_RTREE
    OMIT_LOCALTIME
    SYSTEM_MALLOC
    THREADSAFE=1
    sqlite>

So winsqlite3.dll cannot handle localtime, but other than
that it appears to be built with the same options
as the default build from sqlite.org.

Regards,
       Jan Nijtmans