On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 9:42 PM, Richard Hipp <drh at sqlite.org> wrote:
> On 10/7/15, Zsb?n Ambrus <ambrus at math.bme.hu> wrote:
> New documentation covering indexes on expressions has been added.
> Please let me know if you think more is needed.

Thanks, that's much better.  The
"http://sqlite.org/draft/expridx.html"; documentation tells all I
wanted to know.  However, it seems you forgot to link that
documentation from "http://sqlite.org/draft/docs.html"; .  It should
probably be linked from under the heading "SQLite Features and
Extensions".

There is one apparent inconsistency I was wondering about.  For a
partial index, the WHERE clause of the index cannot contain functions;
whereas for an index on an expression, the expression can contain
deterministic functions.  What is the explanation of this difference?
Is it only historical, because the deterministic functions flag is a
new addition?

Ambrus