Currently if you have a check constraint with a user-defined function that is
not defined in the current environment, you can not execute any SQL statements
in that database -- you get the same error you get with features not supported
in the current release. ?I suspect the same thing would happen here.

Peter

     On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 1:27 PM, Simon Slavin <slavins at
bigfraud.org> wrote:

On 7 Oct 2015, at 8:42pm, Richard Hipp <drh at sqlite.org> wrote:

> New documentation covering indexes on expressions has been added.
> Please let me know if you think more is needed.

I tentatively suggest that modifications be made to the text describing

<http://sqlite.org/draft/pragma.html#pragma_index_info>

and

<http://sqlite.org/draft/pragma.html#pragma_index_xinfo>

.? However it may be that such changes would just lengthen the explanation
without adding anything useful, and that any programmer who tries out those
PRAGMAs with the new indexes won't have any trouble understanding what they see.

It also might be useful to produce a -2 in the second output column for
index_xinfo, for columns which are calculations.

I wonder what happens if an index is defined which uses an application-defined
functions, and a later attempt is made to use the database without that
function defined.? I can see an argument for returning an error when any
relevant SELECT is attempted.? But I can also see an argument for returning an
error only when an attempt is made to INSERT or UPDATE into the indexed table.

Simon.