> It's only a certain kind of Windows user who wants DLLs for everything.
If
> that's what you need you are going to have to make sure you get the right
> DLL.  But the fact that most SQLite programmers don't use a DLL is why
you're
> having trouble getting simple clear answers on this thread -- your problem
is
> more about DLLs than it is about SQLite.

Actually, it's everyone using a language other than C/C++, plus a proportion
of those too. I use C#, but if you want to call Sqlite from Java, Python,
etc or even some generic C/C++ app that supports plug-ins, then at some
point there is a DLL and if the OS is x64 and any of the tools are x86 then
there is a good chance of getting a combo that doesn't play. Add that to
impenetrable error messages and limited diagnostic tools and it's
hair-tearing-out time again.

It definitely isn't a problem caused by Sqlite, but being able to reliably
source both x86 and x64 DLLs (and a way to tell them apart) would certainly
help.

Regards
David M Bennett FACS

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org