The issue is not simply recompiling the CLI for 64-bit; I assume you want
the tested reliability of SQLite.

"The [SQLite] project has 787 times as much test code and test scripts" as
it does source code for the executable.
https://www.sqlite.org/testing.html

Running the exact same tests would not be enough, because you (and I) would
want special tests for larger than 4 GB
RAM. So, additional tests would have to be developed.

So, I see three alternate solutions:

1. Find a corporate sponsor to fund development of 64-bit SQLite CLI

2. Remove some tables from memory (though it sounds like your difficulties
are caused
by recursion rather than the size of the raw data)

3. Use SQLite for persistent storage but move the in memory (tree
navigation) operations to another (open source)  language
such as C, Java, Python or R (or the new Julia language that is approaching
version 1.0)  that has interfaces for SQLite
and a 64-bit build for Windows.  You will probably need another language to
display the output anyway why not take
advantage of Python, R or Julia?

Even if you move to another language, you may find that your problem is
recursion.
In my experience, computer science textbooks give elegant examples using
recursion,
but then say the solution is not scale-able and give a less elegant
solution using iterative techniques.

Jim Callahan
Data Scientist
Orlando, FL