Behalf Of Richard Hipp
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2016 10:47 AM
To: SQLite mailing list
Subject: Re: [sqlite] schema_version and Vacuum or Backup API

On 9/8/16, David Raymond <david.raym...@tomtom.com> wrote:
> Random question from when I just loaded up that URL: Is it supposed to have
> a futuristic SQLite version?
>
> SQLite Version:       2016-08-22 20:10:01 [7839519349] (3.15.0)

Yes.  That's called "dogfooding"
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_your_own_dog_food) and we do it
extensively.  Both the SQLite and the Fossil projects routinely use
unreleased trunk versions of the software for internal
mission-critical processes.

I'm typing this reply inside a Firefox nightly that is recompiled with
the latest trunk version of SQLite (or nearly the latest - I think I
rebuilt it yesterday).

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org