philippe_44 wrote:
> oh well ... as usual, I did a fresh install, did not add any repository
> and tried to install ChromeCast plugin from the built-in repository. Of
> course, the download worked fully as well as the install - twice
>
> BUT
>
> There is a small chance that what I was doing, as well as the OP owner,
> lead to the problem: this is a big download (8.5MB) and when you ask for
> installation, LMS asks you to restart. Then, after clicking ok, I was
> immediately going to another cmd line window where I was restarting the
> LMS service and ended every time (10 times) with a partial download.
> What I did in the 2 above tests is that I was looking at the download
> progress before doing the restart. An that's very likley maybe as stupid
> as that, the restart was interrupting the download - it was not visible
> with my other plugins as they are smaller in size, so I did not "have
> the time" to restart LMS before the download has been finished ...
>
> Sorry for bothering you with that, Michael

I had the really same problem with the windows version of C-3PO plugin.

Workaround was to make a little version of the plugin to download from
plugin manager, then start the 'real' complete download by inside the
installed plugin. You could look here:
https://github.com/marcoc1712/C-3PO/blob/master/WindowsDownloader.pm