mherger wrote:
> I'm happy to announce the availability of the first community supported
> LMS version 7.8.0. Major improvements over the official 7.7.x version:
> The full change log can be found on 'github'
> (http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/7.8.0/Changelog7.html).
> Download LMS 7.8.0 from
> http://downloads.slimdevices.com/LogitechMediaServer_v7.8.0/
> Please note that this version is not officially supported by Logitech.

Thanks for all the work you put in Michael, Much Appreciated.
An old issue which I had many times using triode's plugin has reared
it's head again, namely the server not starting, due to lack of
'permissions' on the squeezebox file in the /Logs folder.
Changed the permissions to red write for stalk & everyone and the server
starts, however get 'problem unable to play file' when gone into a
playlist.
Strangely I also have a squeezebox.'username' folder in there as well
(reappeared after deleting it).
Would it be best to 'uninstall the old software i.e. (Logitech Media
Server Version: 7.7.5  416570306), ad if so how do i uninstall, for this
latest version above.

Cheers
Richy