It also depends on the hardware/OS.
I think on Android it depends on the Android device. Some have
deterministic audio drivers and there sync should work fine, others
don't. Stefan, the author of SqueezePlayer has written about it
somewhere.

I think Windows never works because it doesn't have a deterministic
audio driver.

Linux is often better, iOS should always work, OSX: I don't know.

The biggest problem is if the audio driver buffers audio data for an
undefined time. Windows does this because that way it can decouple the
output timing from the application timing. There are special,
deterministic audio drivers for Windows but I don't know whether they
are supported by SqueezePlay, chances are probably better with
SqueezeLite but I also don't know for which sound cards they are
available.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch*