wmupchurch wrote:
> Thanks everyone!  A few notes:
>
> I'll use the method of opening a playlist, then go to new music and add
> songs from there to the current/open playlist.  Good suggestion!  I have
> also updated my recording software to at least write the artist name in
> a tag so I can use search.  My situation is a little unusual in that I'm
> using newly recorded demo tracks (however I still contend that
> making/using playlist is too hard and complex for all users).
>
> As for my comment about page 21, the only way for me to get to the
> folder where my music is stored, for this particular artist, is 21 pages
> deep in my 'my music folder' so I have to got my music, click on page 15
> and then I can see page 21.  I'm going to move that folder to a higher
> level in the hierarchy which will help.  Kind of frustrating that search
> returns albums, artist, songs and playlist, but not folders (again, I
> know my situation is unique, but it would be great if folders were
> included so you could click on the high level folder and drill into it).
>

> My issue with writing to the playlist folder was permissions. I set a
> new directory on my Pi and changed the permissions to write.  Now I can
> create playlist and save them locally.  Thanks for that tip!
>
> I'll also make a few feature request once I find where to do that.
>
> Feature request 1:  It would be great if you could click on play list
> and just add a new, blank playlist.  Could just be a little + on the
> bottom of the left panel.  Hover over it and it says "Add Playlist",
> click it and a blank playlist is opened with a place to put the name and
> save it.  The name and save code already functions (if you add songs and
> then save them as a playlist - meaning starting from the song and making
> a new playlist you get the screen I'm describing), so it shouldn't be
> hard to have it go the other way (meaning have a button that let's you
> just add blank playlist from within the left panel while in playlist).
>
> Feature request 2:  Once created, you could then find your songs and
> instead of only having "Add to current playlist", you could have "Add to
> playlist" then the ability to select the any playlist to add a song to.
> So easy and allows you to add a song to more than one playlist quickly.
> I think this would be much more intuitive for new users.
>
> Feature request 3: Let search return folders also.  So for example, you
> search for Warpaint and the folder for the band would come up as would
> the folder of the album by the same name.
>
> Thanks again for all or your help.

Hmm, there's a lot to learn about LMS!

I'm surprised you didn't look at Pippin's plugin suggestion - Playlist
manager - if you have a phone or tablet (I use Squeeze Ctrl on an
Android phone) you can add any track to any playlist, or even a new
playlist.

I think that's what you wanted? :)

|Filename: addto2.jpg                                               |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22314|

LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.10, playlists and LMS cache
on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
Rasberry Pi 2 > piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 >
AVI DM5
Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.10/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5
(study)
1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x  Radio (garage) - 1 x Touch (display and
controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare)