streifenleopard wrote:
> I apply the same settings but keep having the following problems:
> Different folders but the same year make LMS sort the Compilation albums
> of both .ogg and .mp3-files to different compilations to the effect that
> you have sth like 10 compilations of the same name, i.e. one for each
> artist. Despite a compilation tag of 1.
> In addition artists like Wrongkong do not show up under artists at all
> but only when searching for them in detail. They also show up under the
> compilation if you bother to find out which of those ten it actually is.
>
> 2264222643
> Only artists that have albums to their own name are found by the search
> it seems.
>
> Different years also make LMS to sort the Compilation albums of
> .ogg-files to different compilations.
>
> I actually think I might give up on the compilation tag for compilations
> that are not complete. I'd rather have an artist as a fake album artist.
> This seems to do more of what I want.

I use the Compilation tag, and leave the ALBUMARTIST (ALBUM ARTIST)
field blank. Works fine for me.

I'd remove the ID33v1 tags if I were you, it's not helping matters.

22645

|Filename: id3.1.jpg                                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22645|

LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7, playlists and LMS
cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 >
AVI DM5
Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio
Minx 5 (study)
Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system
(garage)
1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller
only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)