I usually find mp3tag to be pretty fast, but then again I'm rarely
so I just loaded up my compete collection on mp3tag (about 96,000
tracks, FLAC, some mp3, some m4a).  This took approximately 33 minutes.
This is an i7 windows machine and files are on an eSata drive (not SSD)
attached to the windows machine.

I can't speak to OGG files, as I don't have any.  With regard to
compilations in general, I just looked and I have 445 compilation CDs.
All show up properly in LMS and in foobar2000.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win8(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify