marcoc1712 wrote:
> C-3PO works in two ways:
>
> a. as a Transcoder, invoked instead of SOX, Flac and others (in this
> case you see C-3PO in the commmand line)
> b. as an helper to build the command line, but then SOX, FLAC,... are
> used at runtime.
>
> No parts of LMS is replaced, so there is no way  'side effects' could
> take place outside the command line itself. What is probalbly going on
> here is that first enabling then disabling C-3PO could easily move to a
> different File Type/convert  setting.
>
> Could you please post the 'LAST EXECUTED COMMAND' as presented in the
> players settings when you experiment problems? Or, even better, the
> "RESULTING COMMANDS" table?  I know other people are using UPNP plugin
> with no probs. To help me understand the problem, you should compare the
> 'tokenized command' issued when the plugin is disabled with the one
> resulting when the plugin is enabled.
>

> Tanks.
>
> Marco
Well, naturally, having raised the issue I can't get it to go wrong now.
I guess I did something silly, although I don't see what it can have
been.  Never mind.  C-3PO is back installed and all is well.  I am just
left scratching my head. :)

If it goes wrong again (unlikely I guess) I will record the information
you requested.

Thanks for your attention and apologies for wasting your time.

LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.  Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.