My question is three parts:

1) If this (7.9.x?) is worthwhile, why?

Synology's software showed LMS 7.7.6 as available. Installation was as
easy as clicking that button. But I glanced at something that claimed
library scanning was faster with 7.9, and that would certainly be
worthwhile even though it seem scanning speed is mostly limited by the
hard disk and NAS hardware processing speed?

2) I have a SB Touch running 7.8.0 but with Triode's EDO. Nearly all
other plugins/applets are disabled. The only thing this thing does is
stream music from LMS and I don't want to break that (including what EDO
does.)

3) If #1 = "yes," (worthwhile) how to update?

Thanks. I'm just now getting back into this after having the Touch sit
in storage for a few years!