Could you both check, if the latest release works proper.
Should be as its based on the input you and blackbite give me.

Also in the latest release MusicIP is included, just logon by ssh shell,
and in de .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer do [ touch MUSICIP ].
Then do [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ].
If it goes good, you should see a message telling you MusicIPServer is
started in the background.

yeomanspc wrote:
> If I install (activate) Optware then I have Sudo I think?  Is Optware
> incompatible with LMS?
>
> But not clear to me why I need it.  If all the mip stuff is owned by and
> run by the LMS ID, then surely it is okay .
>

> Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*
maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.1 ( with spotty and youtube )
Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from
different sources.*