Installed QOptware on both systems, and all is working fine - tested
through to LMS.

Scanned music library and picked up music ok,  Needs to fingerprint 2000
apparently - is taking about 1 minute for each one.   I think a lot of
this wait is to do with trying to contact predexis for fingerprint
information, and waiting for a time-out (I seem to recall a post on this
forum regarding a way to sort this).  It's not an issue for me with 2k
tracks, but if you need to do 200k, then it's worth finding the fix.
Also, Charles Parker (Spicefly fame) was investigating if a community
database of fingerprints might be possible.

So.. Digimaster - many thanks for your hard efforts.  It works well.