left channel wrote:
> When using optical or coaxial digital out, the volume should be set to
> 100% to send a bit perfect signal to your external DAC.

Is there a difference between setting "output level is fixed at 100%"
and keeping "volume controls adjust outputs" with level at 100%?

What's about Replay Gain? Same thing? Better not to use with digital
out?

I already did further testing. And yes; there is a difference if I
compare volume settings at 100 and 30%.
However, the balance between the DAC vs the turntable and the Dreambox
is not good. To keep the SB3 at 100%, I need to have the pre-amp between
7 and 8 o'clock.
Is this a solution between the DAC and the pre-amp?
http://www.rothwellaudioproducts.co.uk/html/attenuators.html

LMS 7.9.1 : Fujitsu Lifebook E754 (W10) / 1508 albums with 18292 songs
by 421 artists
Living Room / Hifi:  SB3, Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock, Pro-Ject Dac Box S
FL, Rotel RB/RC-1070, Klipsch Forte III, Thorens TD 145 MKII, Dreambox
DM7020HD
Bedroom: Boom
Kitchen: Radio
Travelling : SquezzeLite and Teufel BT Bamster