garym wrote:
> The digital volume control is very good in LMS. *Particularly when
> playing 16/44.1 (CD quality), as LMS uses 24 bits to stream and has the
> extra 8 bits (24 - 16) to use for volume control*. Best to keep the LMS
> volume at about 65-70% or higher.  ReplayGain is fine.  I use both
> digital volume control and ReplayGain (I like "SmartGain in LMS
> settings, as it uses album RG when playing entire album and track RG
> when playing songs from different albums.).
>
> Lots of discussion of this in the past. See, for example, this (and
> concept relates to other SB players such as TOUCH too):
> https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?39611-Volume-regulation-of-transporter&highlight=digital%20volume%20control

I am not understanding what I meant with " ... LMS uses 24bits to stream
...".
In my case I am streaming native mp3 and flac files in 16/44.1 quality
to SB3. SB3 is converting to PCM. I assume PCM 16/44.1
When I let LMS convert to PCM it is a 1411 kb/s stream reflecting
16/44.1
At which stage comes the above in effect?

LMS 7.9.1 : Fujitsu Lifebook E754 (W10) / 1508 albums with 18292 songs
by 421 artists
Living Room / Hifi:  SB3, Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock, Pro-Ject Dac Box S
FL, Rotel RB/RC-1070, Klipsch Forte III, Thorens TD 145 MKII, Dreambox
DM7020HD
Bedroom: Boom
Kitchen: Radio
Travelling : SquezzeLite and Teufel BT Bamster