marcoc1712 wrote:
> Very good, as a first trial You coult try to use the alsa equalizer
> instead of pulse one, should be better. I'll be back to you soon with
> some sox command to try.
My PCs are on ubuntu 18.10.  alsamixer has disappeared.  I found an alsa
equalizer plugin (libasound2-plugin-equal) but struggled to use it with
amixer.  I'm not the best at command line stuff (even though that's all
there was when I started in computers).

I eventually found a gnome-alsamixer for 18.04 , which provides a
useless gui, but fortunately did install the old alsamixer.  So I ran
alsamixer -D equal.  It provides a range of frequencies, and I
eventually found out how to change left/right settings (commands QWE and
ZXC). Do these settings apply to all devices?.

I'll try to experiment over a few days.

LMS 7.9.2 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.  2 Touchs & EDO.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz
CR603 UPnP renderers.
Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.