PasTim wrote:
> My PCs are on ubuntu 18.10.  alsamixer has disappeared.  I found an alsa
> equalizer plugin (libasound2-plugin-equal) but struggled to use it with
> amixer.  I'm not the best at command line stuff (even though that's all
> there was when I started in computers).
>
> I eventually found a gnome-alsamixer for 18.04 , which provides a
> useless gui, but fortunately did install the old alsamixer.  So I ran
> alsamixer -D equal.  It provides a range of frequencies, and I
> eventually found out how to change left/right settings (commands QWE and
> ZXC). Do these settings apply to all devices?.
>
> I'll try to experiment over a few days.
I have so far failed to find out how to link the alsa 'equal' (or Eq10)
device to my DAC so that squeezelite uses it.  I've got the equalizer
set up, and I assume I now have to do something to .asoundrc to link it
to my DAC, but I can't work out how to do so.  Can you help?

LMS 7.9.2 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.  2 Touchs & EDO.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz
CR603 UPnP renderers.
Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.