pavowren wrote:
> hello,
> i have been looking into this issue for couple of weeks now and feel i'm
> at least zeroing into it.
> here's the setup:
> - LMS installed on a raspberryPi3B+ along with squeezelite and jivelite
> - media is local at /mnt/usb
> - ethernet connection and wi-fi via a mobile hotspot
>
> problem:
> when hotspot goes away, My Music fails attempting to connect to
> "raspberryPi"
>
> observations:
> - as expected, i have no problem connecting to LMS from a local browser
> via http://192.168.1.23:9000/
> - BUT it has the old ip addr assigned by the hotspot
> Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1530185314 @ Thu Jun 28 14:19:19
> CEST 2018
> Hostname: raspberryPi
> Server IP Address: 192.168.43.252
> - yet, via browser, all works including viewing My Music but not at the
> raspberryPi itself (jivelite)
>
> questions:
> - how does LMS gets its ip addr assigned?  can i make it static to local
> eth0 addr, 192.168.1.23?
> - since all components are local to raspberryPi, why should ip addr
> matter at all?
> - lastly, how does brower access work as expected but local access does
> not? very frustrating to say the least...
>
> any insights would be greatly appreciated...
> hong son

Yes, it sound strange.
First, LMS does get any IP-address by itself, the OS on the device (the
PI3B+) does by dhcp broadcast on the connected interfaces. LMS uses
whatever IP-address the OS reports, but LMS is not designed to handle
dual networks as far as I know (it can, but may be confused sometimes).
When you say that you have both ethernet and wifi connected on the
PI3B+, you have dual network interfaces on that machine active at the
same time. If you haven't set any static IP-address on either ethernet
or wifi on the PI3B+ and you still get IP-addresses when connected, then
you have at least two dhcp-servers on you network. And they are probably
not the same since they provide IP-addresses from different sub-nets.
Or I may have misunderstood your network, of course :-)

Some clarifying answers would help I think:
1. Into what kind of device is the other end of the ethernet cable
connected? A switch - what other devices are connected to that then? A
router - is it the same as the wifi hotspot or something else?
2. What kind of device is the mobile hotspot? Your mobile smartphone? A
3G/4G router?
(I am trying to clarify how many internet connections you have and the
rough layout of your network.)
3. What application is "My Music" and on what device are you running
that? (My Music is a menu item on the web GUI on LMS, is that what
you're referring to? Where do you then run the browser to the LMS web
GUI?)

Also, to clarify your network, please log in to your Pi3B+ using ssh
(for example Putty on a Windows PC) from some local computer.
In the terminal ssh-window, run command
Code:
--------------------
    sudo route
--------------------
 and show us the result.
Next, run command
Code:
--------------------
    ifconfig
, both with and without the ethernet cable attached and show the
results.

Hopefully it will be a bit clearer and maybe somewhat easier to provide
useful advice.

2 Touch, 1 Picoreplayer 4.0.0 on RaspBerry 3B with 7" display
LMS latest nightly on Ubuntu 18.04.1 on Intel Core2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz,
2GB
All wired