Interesting - Not to hijack this thread, but I recently discovered that
I'm having similar issues.

I had some friends over and they started looking at my collection and
couldn't believe I didn't have certain albums.  Knowing I did, I started
looking into things.
I originally ripped all music to .WAV files using dbPowerAmp.  A few
months ago I converted them to FLAC files using the dbPowerAmp
converter.

My first thought was folder security, but that didn't make sense and
didn't solve the problem.
I also have experienced the issue of a track within an album not showing
up.  I don't remember if it shows using the 'Music Folder' option.

Anybody experiencing this issue that ISN'T using dbPowerAmp.  I'll do
some looking in their forum and post about the issue also.

Frankly this is a little disheartening...I can't trust all my music is
'in' LMS now...

As a side note to Michael Herger if you read this -
Is it possible (and reasonably simple) for you to add some kind of
'audit' number to scanner output so that, if say a file exists but the
scanner can't open the file to read the tags (corrupt file) it would be
more noticeable that there was an issue (i.e. -file list count- versus
-scanned file list count-). I'm sure many people are not going to go
digging into there scanner log every time they add new music.

i.e. 'scanned 34,234 tracks (34,852 files found - check scanner log!)

We would then know to look deeper into the issue...
Obviously, the 'files found' are the types that are configured to be
scanned - not just any file type...

*Player: *1 x Transporter w/Trans-knob, 2 x Touch (Active, 3 x Spares),
4 x Boom (Active, 9 x Spares)
*Server: *1 x Win Server (ESXi 6.x) w/LMS, 1 x HP 24" Touch Screen PC
w/LMS & SqueezePlay
*Control: *4 x w/iPeng, 1 x Samsung Note 4, 3ea x Fire 7", 8” tablets, 1
x 10" all w/SqueezeCtrl & Player (Angry Goat)
*Audio: *Mark Levinson 23.5 Amp, 380s Pre, 390s CD, B&W 801 II, Acoustic
Energy AE-2 signature, SOTA Sapphire table

Computer geek/tech hoarder(!), and DAMN I love the LMS/Squeeze
infrastructure!