markm9999 wrote:
> Frankly, I find this scenario unlikely.  In my 30+ years of building
> PC's, I've never experienced something like that.
>
> Computers can run without BIOS battery, it's just that the computer will
> constantly prompt you for the default BIOS settings after it loses
> power.

There seems to be a twilight zone between not enough battery to support
a boot, and none left at all. It's obviously hard to reproduce, but does
happen once in a while after the PC has been unplugged for some time.

Digital: Squeezebox Duet Receiver - Yamaha RX-V2700 and Jamo speakers
Analogue: Speakercraft MZC-66 for whole house system
Logitech Music Server: 7.9 running on VortexBox 2.3 (built on an elderly
Dell PC)
Library: External USB drive
Ethernet: Squeezebox Receiver
Wifi: Duet controller