Oké I read you are using QLogitechMediaServer. A question did you used
old settings from ssots/ssods? Or any other LMS installation?

A thing you could try, Logon by ssh and do CD
/share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer.
Then do rm SlimServer/.INSTALLED.
Now do ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh restart.
This will trigger it to download and install LMS, and set owner rights
on SlimServer directory and any under laying directorys to the
squeezeboxserver user. Then remove plugin which give trouble. The
restart services again with same command. Now try to install that plugin
again. Still trouble let me know.

Most off this trouble come from using old settings, from older other
installations of LMS. And as far as I could find out, is a thing from
the paths stored. networx wrote:
> Thank you both for your quick feedback.
>
> As i told before i also tried to install the plugin manually by copying
> to plugin folder. For my understanding at least this should work with
> QLMS, even if extracting fails for example.
>
> Any other ideas where i could fail or someone who can test plugin at his
> one QLMS?
>
> ---UPDATE ---
>
> After checking again i found the "DON_INSTALL_YOUR_PLUGINS_HERE.txt" at
> -/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slim/- :
>
> -Don't install anything here - it could be wiped during the next update.
> Thanks.
>
> The Slim/Plugin folder is for plugins installed with Logitech Media
> Server only.
> Use the user plugin folder instead. The plugin paths are listed in the
> web UI in Settings/Status or on the player in Settings/Information.
> -
>
> So i checked
> -/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins-
> where i found all 3 tested plugins. Seems download and extracing will
> work but the plugin itself will not ... maybe of the differnent path?

Send from my mobile Phone

*
maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly  ( with spotty,
youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from
different sources.*