d6jg wrote:
> I’d get the NUC wired. It’s never a good idea to run a server wirelessly
> and I wouldn’t mind betting your WiFi is the bottleneck.
> There is only one WiFi hop for local content but two for internet
> streaming.

yes, wi-fi certainly is not preferable to wired.
yet, the hot spot is speeding at around 3 mbps and i'd assume that is
more than sufficient for radio streaming 64kbps.
unfortunately, wifi hotspot is my only option to internet; recently i
got so irritated with the local isp, i cut the cord totally!

i'm thinking it's some kind of network configuration issue, just don't
know what.