marcoc1712 wrote:
> To not support lossy formats was a choice at the really beginning, sure
> is possible.
> I had the same problem with equalizer, I'd like to integrate the
> equalizer effect in the GUI, but I really advise you to have a look to
> the fir effect, fir are much more efficients than iir/equalizer, you
> could use rePhase to produce them, manually or starting from REW
> filetrs.
What are fir, rephase and rew?  I can't find them in the sox manual.
Sorry for my ignorance.

aac would be very useful for me.  I know it's lossy, but in my case I'm
using sox to fix hearing problems that apply to all sound sources, not
to improve quality.

LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps.  2
Touchs & EDO.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz
CR603 UPnP renderers.
Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.