digimaster wrote:
> For example, if in .QLMS.conf you set,
>
> LMS_EXTRA="--cachedir /DIR/WHERE/IT/SHOULD/SET/CACHE"
> LMS_EXTRA="--prefsdir /DIR/WHERE/IT/SHOULD/SET/PREFS"
> Or if you want to do both LMS_EXTRA="--cachedir
> /DIR/WHERE/IT/SHOULD/SET/CACHE"" --prefsdir
> /DIR/WHERE/IT/SHOULD/SET/PREFS"

Worked like a charm. Sadly, using an SSD for the cache doesn't seem to
speed up Custom Browse.

digimaster wrote:
> Just run a test here, can not reproduce it.
> I can make a playlist, in a player which is saved and on restart of LMS
> still is there.
> Squeezeboxserver user is part of the group squeezeboxserver.
> The group everyone is a regular group.
> On startup the SlimServer directory is set to user squeezeboxserver and
> group everyone with rights 0755.
> By this way everything is set to work.
> QLogitechMediaServer does this from version 1.xx.
> And no did not changed anything on this.
>
> So why thats happing on you' re system no idea.
> Would suggested remove all the client playlists from pref, and restart
> QLogitechMediaServer.
> No try to make a playlist, and look in the prefs directory.
> If there is one there, restart QLogitechMediaServer, and have a look.
>
> I did this on my system, and no probleem.
> Client playlist is there, and on restart loaded and can be used in LMS.
>
> Send from my mobile Phone

As I have now moved the prefs directory to an external SSD, maybe the
problem is gone now. If not, I'll try your suggestions. Thank you very
much!

QLMS 7.9.2@2.09.8 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D /
QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4