mherger wrote:
> >    dirsFor: Didn't find a match request: [scprefs]
> >    Segmentation fault
>
> A segfault. I'm pretty sure the line before has nothing to do with it.
> But then I don't know what Perl code change would cause a segfault. The
> binaries haven't changed since 7.9.1.
>
> Did you run squeezeboxserver without any further parameter? Can you try
> to re-construct the full command line as it would be used in the startup
>
> script?
>
> --
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,
Thank you for your support so far!

If have copied the squeezeboxserver file in /etc/init.d/ below.
I'm in no means an expert in coding. Is this what you are looking for?

Code:
--------------------

  #!/bin/sh
  #
  # $Id$
  #
  # squeezebox    initscript for slimserver.pl
  #               This file should be placed in /etc/init.d.
  #
  # Original Author: Mattias Holmlund
  #
  # Updated By: Dan Sully

  set -e

  PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
  DESC="Logitech Media Server"
  NAME=squeezeboxserver
  DAEMON=/usr/sbin/$NAME
  DAEMON_SAFE=/usr/sbin/${NAME}_safe
  PIDFILE=/var/run/$NAME.pid
  SCRIPTNAME=/etc/init.d/$NAME
  SLIMUSER=root
  PREFSDIR=/c/.$NAME/prefs
  LOGDIR=/c/.$NAME/log
  CACHEDIR=/c/.$NAME/cache
  SLIMOPTIONS=-utf8

  # Read config file if it is present.
  if [ -r /etc/default/$NAME ]
  then
  . /etc/default/$NAME
  fi

  #
  #       Function that starts the daemon/service.
  #
  d_start() {
  # Use squeezebox_safe to restart the daemon when
  # it dies. This must be done to handle mysql restarts.
  start-stop-daemon --start --quiet \
  --chuid $SLIMUSER \
  --pidfile $PIDFILE \
  --exec /bin/bash \
  --background \
  --make-pidfile \
  --name squeezeboxserve \
  --startas $DAEMON_SAFE \
  -- \
  $DAEMON \
  --prefsdir $PREFSDIR \
  --logdir $LOGDIR \
  --cachedir $CACHEDIR \
  $SLIMOPTIONS
  }

  d_start_direct() {
  start-stop-daemon --start --quiet \
  --chuid $SLIMUSER \
  --pidfile $PIDFILE \
  --exec $DAEMON \
  -- \
  --pidfile $PIDFILE \
  --daemon \
  --prefsdir $PREFSDIR \
  --logdir $LOGDIR \
  --cachedir $CACHEDIR \
  $SLIMOPTIONS
  }

  #       Function that stops the daemon/service.
  #
  d_stop() {
  start-stop-daemon --oknodo --stop --pidfile $PIDFILE --name squeezeboxserve
--retry=TERM/30/KILL/5
  }

  #
  #       Function that sends a SIGHUP to the daemon/service.
  #
  d_reload() {
  start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --pidfile $PIDFILE \
  --name squeezeboxserve --signal 1
  }

  case "$1" in
  start)

  # We should not stop the service on a simple start call - this causes
playback to be interrupted whenever the ReadyNAS receives a WOL packet
  # This was added in response to some dependency issues when we were
introducing MySQL back in 2009. But we're no longer using MySQL. - mh
  #       echo -n "Making sure $DESC is stopped already: "
  #       d_stop
  echo -n "Starting $DESC: "
  d_start
  echo "."
  ;;
  stop)
  echo -n "Stopping $DESC: "
  d_stop
  echo "."
  ;;
  restart|force-reload)
  #
  #       If the "reload" option is implemented, move the "force-reload"
  #       option to the "reload" entry above. If not, "force-reload" is
  #       just the same as "restart".
  #
  echo -n "Restarting $NAME: "
  d_stop
  d_start
  echo "."
  ;;
  *)
  # echo "Usage: $SCRIPTNAME {start|stop|restart|reload|force-reload}" >&2
  echo "Usage: $SCRIPTNAME {start|stop|restart|force-reload}" >&2
  exit 1
  ;;
  esac

  exit 0

'Cambridge Audio 851D-S'
(https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/851/851d) -> 'Focal MP1200'
(http://www.mp1200.co.nf/) -> 'Focal Electra 1028 Be'
(http://www.focal.com/en/electra-1000-be-2/209-electra-1028-be-3544053695099.html)
1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio, 1 x SB Touch and 2 x RPI 2B
1 x SB3 and 1 x SB Touch in storage
ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.9.0.
iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
http://www.last.fm/user/phibon