Lack of space may be related to a certain part of the disk. Please give
output of `sudo df`.

You said you removed `perl` but the error is about `python`. From my
knowledge there can be multiple versions of `python` on one system. I am
not sure if it is related. The error coming up at `purge` seems to
indicate that there is indeed a problem with the OS, maybe? But again, I
am just guessing. I would still advice you to buy a cheap RaspberryPI
(model 2 would be enough) and put your LMS there. This would make it
possible to listen to music while solving the problem.  :)