adm wrote:
> My situation:
>
> - Have just upgraded to Catalina
> - Source music library is on a NAS
> - Library scans fail, and after a "Clear library and rescan everything"
> I am left with an empty LMS library

> The error scanning the NAS volume would seem to be, based on the
> conversation in this thread, a permissions issue. Posts in the thread
> indicate it is resolved by allowing perl to have "Full Disk Access".
> Furthermore, a post indicates that "Applications will dynamically appear
> in the Full Disk Access pane as LMS goes through its processes."
>
> BUT: I have not been able to get perl to "dynamically appear" in the
> Full Disk Access pane, or find any other way to assign perl Full Disk
> Access. (For example I have tried having System Preference open to that
> pane, with the pane unlocked, and running a rescan in the web UI, but no
> sign of perl dynamically appearing.)
>
> Can anyone inform me how to give perl Full Disk Access based on my
> situation.
>
> Thanks in advance.

When you go to the web interface, Settings, and on the first page, for
your Media Folders, click the Browse button, you should see various
expandable file system locations.  If you cannot expand one of them
(because there's no + character), this shows you that you don't have
full disk access for the given area.  This is a quick way for you to
test as you're working to get permissions to work.

Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Full Disk Access, and
unlock the settings.  Click the + button.  Now type Cmd+Shift+G.  This
will open a dialog where you can type a path.  Enter /usr/bin and then
select perl to add it.  Do likewise for /bin and select bash.

I don't recall if I had to start/stop the server after this, but certain
need to hard refresh that LMS server Settings page.  After I configured
the settings, I was able to then assign my paths and LMS worked.