I'm running the same LMS version on Win 10 and I have a quite a few of
such files and they work flawlessly, like

Code:
--------------------

  22 - Bani Adam (بنی آدم).flac
  02 - Zbliża się nowe.flac
  02 - Þú Ert Jörðin.flac

--------------------

I vaguely remember there was an issue with Browse Music Folder with such
folder names but this is fine now.

What are your LMS charset settings? See Settings->Information: Operating
system.
I used the default charset of cp1252 which used to work fine, but
changed to utf8 some time ago. Don't remember why (maybe string sorting
issues).

And I'm not sure if the '?' in the log message is really unexpected,
because I think this is just the console output which uses a different
charset.