john greenwood wrote:
> !!!!!!! is the name of the first (13 second) track.
>
> I purchased the album from iTunes (something I do very rarely),
> downloaded it and added it to my LMS library (as well as my JRiver
> library).  I edited several of the tags including genre.  Both iTunes
> and JRiver recognize the genre for this track (and all others on the
> album) as "rock/pop."  LMS insists this track has no genre, despite a
> number of rescans including a complete rescan.
>
> Is it the name/length of the track?  I tried sticking an "01" before the
> exclamation points, but it didn't seem to help.
>
> Not a huge problem but annoying.

You didn't mention the operating system for your LMS installation but if
it is some Linux version and the track file name is something like
"!!!!!!.flac" then it may not be accepted by the OS.
Here's some result I get on my Linux Mint 19.3 laptop when trying to
create files with "!!!!!!" in the filename. Not a good idea it seems
29381
I would avoid more than one !-mark in the filename if the OS is
Linux-based.

|Filename: dump-of-attempted-file-creation.png                      |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29381|

2 Touch, 2 Picoreplayer  v6.0.0-b9 on RaspBerry 3B
LMS latest nightly on Ubuntu 18.04.4 on Intel Core2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz,
2GB. All wired
Main audio system: Magnepan 3.6, amp "Gdis 400", DAC & pre: NAD M51,
streamers: SB Touch // NAD M50