john greenwood wrote:
> I'm using Windows 10/NTFS.
>
> And changing the file name didn't help.  LMS sees the file (and will
> play it) but apparently not the genre tag.

After you change the file name, etc., you may need to do a clear and
rescan to really get LMS to see the changes.  Or at least first remove
the file, do a scan for new and changed (and see that it is not listed
in LMS), then add the file back and do a scan for new and changed.

*Home:* VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all
ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
*The Wild (no internet): *PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry
Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay
7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify