liffy99 wrote:
> OK,
> I use Squeezepad on the Ipad for playback there.
> I have both the Airplay Bridge and UPNP plugins on LMS although the
> latter is not running. Do I need to completely uninstall it ?
>
> TBH I would prefer to use UPNP (as capable of higher bit rate) but, so
> far, using this method seems to generate a different set of problems.

Your amp is capable of receiving and playing streams over both UPNP and
Airplay? If so I think the Andy Grundman plugin "UPnP/DLNA Media
Interface" should be removed, it only acts a server for devices that
wants to browse and pick streaming files. You need the Philippe plugin
"UPNP/DLNA bridge" instead since it would make your UPNP/DLNA acpable
players available as any Squeezebox player.
In addition I think d6jg explained the gaps when using the Airplay
plugin: the Grundman plugin may cause temporary network storms.

(I hope I explained this correctly, I'm not using UPNP/DLNA myself.)

2 Touch, 2 Picoreplayer  v6.0.0-b9 on RaspBerry 3B, 1 Raspian and
squeezelite 1.8 on PiZero
LMS 8.0.0 on Ubuntu 18.04.4 on Intel Core2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2GB. All
wired
Main audio system: Magnepan 3.6, amp "Gdis 400", DAC & pre: NAD M51,
streamers: SB Touch // NAD M50