Paul Webster wrote:
> Agreed - that is why I called it a "Quick hack to test that as a
> theory".
>
> However, what I had not fully appreciated was that the prompt asking the
> user about restarts was coming up a long time before the download had
> really completed.
> In which case waiting 1 second extra would have been unlikely to have
> made the checksum process work.
>
> If the problem only happens when the user clicks on restart (which is
> supposed to appear after all downloads have completed - but seems to be
> coming up early) then perhaps OP could confirm by not clicking on it at
> all and waiting until the download has really completed and then restart
> LMS via a different route - just to try to find ways to make it never go
> wrong to help narrow things down.

The restart prompt is triggered by plugin manager if it sees a "needs"
in the Plugin prefs settings.

A plugin pref can be one of the following values: valid states:
disabled, enabled, needs-enable, needs-disable, needs-install,
needs-uninstall

A possibility is that one of the other "needs"  states possibly for
another plugin could trigger a Restart dialog ahead of download
complete.