Strange ... got one update notification yesterday, but none today for
latest.

I can only ask you to enable logging for server.update once again. Please note that you'll have to re-enable it after each restart, unless you check the "keep during restart" box at the top.

Can I do anything to fix this? or is it a case of install again from
scratch?

Reinstalling LMS from scratch hardly ever is required. In fact, I don't know whether I've ever needed to do it. And I doubt there are many LMS users tinkering more with multiple instances and version of LMS than I do :-).

--

Michael