Castalla,

I have been having this problem also. But in reading this thread, and
checking my software updates settings, I found that I have LMS set to
check for updates daily; the choices are daily/weekly/monthly. I have
been assuming that the notification of an update would come immediately
after the nightly release; it had been a long time since I accessed the
update setting and did not remember that it had been set to daily. Not
so. So I am assuming, if you are checking within the 24 hour "daily"
period, you would see the update is available but LMS would not yet have
checked for an update and sent the notification. I check every day for
updates manually but I am planning on waiting for 24 hours after I see
that an update is available to see if I do get a notification from LMS.

Eeyore