bpa wrote:
> Your IO::Socket::SSL is very old v 2.002 is from 2014 - before
> Heartbleed !!
>
> Many https connections need a much newer version of SSL/TLS support.

That wasn't my description, it was a quote from the previous poster.
But, as it happens, that IS also true of mine. Seems likely to be the
source of the problem. Time for an OS upgrade that I've been putting
off. Many, many thanks!

LMS 8 nightly; 3 Squeezelite players connected by powerline ethernet; 5
wireless players connected via Airplay Bridge; 1 SqueezeAmp player
no high-end or esoteric audio gear
1 Squeezebox Radio (upgraded UE Smart Radio) now mostly retired