mibigo wrote:
> Hi, I'm completely new to Linux, PicorePlayer and LMS
>
> I just installed my first Raspberry Pi and tried to configure PiCore
> Player following the instructions on the site; however when it comes to
> network drives the example provided does not exactly match my case; I
> have a portable 4TB USB drive connected to the USB port on the router:
> On my Mac it shows like smb://10.0.0.1/sda2/Music/Media or
> //router/sda2/Music/Media (Music being the folder where the files
> reside, actually is a copy of my Music folder on the Mac); see the
> screenshot below.
>
> The point is that I'm totally newbie to mounting disk; I don't actually
> understand where should I mount and how the disk, or what I should write
> in the pCP LMS fields; for me it is just available on the network (with
> Volumio for example I ca easily select it as my music source) but I
> don't know how to do it with pCP.. I tried several share names but I
> always get the same error message (see below): it is clear that I don't
> have any idea on how the RPI "sees" my network drive (which is not a
> NAS, just a usb drive connected to the Router an ASUSRT68U) ; last but
> not least the drive is formatted with MAC HFS filesystem, however I
> installed the support for other file systems in pCP..)
>
> Does any one have any suggestion?
>
> mibigo
>
> [ INFO ] Mount configuration changed for 10.0.0.1:/sda2
> [ INFO ] Unmounting Old Mount Point: /mnt/MusicFiles.
> [ INFO ] New Mount Point /mnt/MusicFiles is not in use.
> [ INFO ] Checking new Mount Point /mnt/MusicFiles.
> [ INFO ] New Mount Point /mnt/MusicFiles is not in use.
> [ INFO ] Mounting Disk.
> [INFO] mount -v -t cifs -o Vers=1.0,uid=1001,gid=50 //10.0.0.1/"sda2"
> /mnt/MusicFiles
> [ERROR] Disk Mount Error, Try to Reboot.
> [ INFO ] Backing up files to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/mydata.tgz/ Done.
> [ OK ] Backup successful.
>
> 32809

It looks like you're trying to set a *network* mount, you should be
filling out the *USB* mount fields just above the network mount, see
mine below. (I have 2 mounted USB drives).

32810

|Filename: USBmount.jpg                                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32810|

*Server - LMS 8.2.0 *Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP v7.0.0 - 74K library,
playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
*Study -* Pi3B/pCP 7.0.0b6/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
*Lounge* - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
*Garage* - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
*Dining Room* - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

*Spares* - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi