Am 24.01.2021 um 14:40 schrieb bpa:

slartibartfast wrote:
The OP also reported
"* With Squeezelite 1.8 on a PI connect via USB I can play 24 bit files
also, but they are not bit perfect, which is because wav is converted to
pcm. The PI is connected to the DAC which is able to check if playback
is bit perfect or not."
I assume this means that LMS reports "Converted to PCM". Why would this
be, mine doesn't do that.

It is would be best to get a definitive answer on where the "PCM"
diagnosis came from  - an alternative would be that OP enabled and
examined player.source logging ?

The "PCM diagnosis came from the server.log file after setting Player.Source loggin to "info".

I can update squeezelite to the current version and take a look if the logs change and conversion to PCM is not done anymore, but I don't think that will happen.

Cheers,

  Schoepp