schoeppi wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 08:29:06PM +0000, bpa wrote:
> >
> >What does the WAV header of the "firmware" file look like ?
>
> I don't know if this is the info you asking for, never read out a wav
> file header before :-):

The WAV header can contain metadata not just format.

Your firmware contain "standard metadata" - title, album
It looks like you have a MSB DAC
https://www.msbtechnology.com/dacs/discrete-dac-support/
If I read it correctly, the DAC has to be put in a special mode and then
firmware audio file is "played".
It's possible the metadata in the WAV header is required by the DAC.

Have you tested with LMS with MSB bit perfect test files ?
https://www.msbtechnology.com/support/bit-perfect-testing/

These files have interesting metadata. It's possible metadata is needed
by the DAC to recognise as a test file.