I'm sorry, I was too busy the past few days to follow up with this lengthy discussion...

Could make sense to add support for creating a library defined as “not
in library=xxx” or “not in search”. I suspect that would be fairly easy
to add to LMS core and it can be quite useful if you want to divide your
main library and want a library that contain the remaining parts. Don’t

This certainly can be done. But it might need the help of a plugin to do it. You can implement any logic you want, as long as it creates a library ID -> track ID tuple.