epoch1970 wrote:
> I use squeezy, a Perl front end for the LMS CLI. It works fine for me
> and it has a concept of player groups, or classes if you prefer, so you
> can address a group of players in one go, e.g. squeezy —group 1 —power ?
> (approximate syntax)
> I use this to reset players groups in the server every morning. The
> squeezy groups definitions serve as baseline and the LMS sync groups are
> players found alive among the squeezy groups.
>
> I have rolled the squeezy calls into a truly abominable bash (what was I
> thinking!) script which gets called via cron. For some rare calls I use
> netcat to communicate with the CLI, if I wasn’t lazy I would have had
> extended squeezy itself and added some macros.
>
> There are other utilities similar to squeezy.
>
> Edit. squeezy announce post is 'here'
> (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?87636-squeezy-a-command-line-wrapper-around-the-squeezeserver-telnet-CLI)Thanks
>  for that.. Had a look at usage and installation instructions..
Bit of black magic too me atm.. I may eventually figure it out if I
scratch my head long enough [emoji23]

Would I be better off trying to run I. On raspberry pi or maybe on my
NAS in docker  maybe? What would you recommend..?

You did mention there are other similar solutions..any particular one?
I'm really only looking for basic schedule option for morning SB Radios
so don't have to relly on build in alarm..

Saying that some of squeezy usage examples like auto sleep at night
sound tempting ;p
Thanks

3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with
HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander,
Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in
DS218+)