Three guesses: It does not work!

Sugarcube also complains that MusicIP is not available, whereas I can
create mixes via the API without any problems - what's going on there?

I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't have the same problem on two
completely different Macs, both running High Sierra (I also tested it on
Mojave (third Mac), it didn't work there either).

What macOS version are you using and what version of MusicIP Mixer are
you using on the Mac?

I'm using version 1.8 for macOS, which you can download here:

https://www.spicefly.com/article.php?page=musicip-software

As I said, I am grateful for any tip and with LMS 7.9.3. it works on all
my Macs - but not from version LMS 8!

I just don't understand it.