StevePalmer wrote:
> Hi again Paul
>
> Very weird all this! Just returned to the PC to find that the dupes have
> disappeared - even older rips are now only showing a single reference to
> a track! So that's a result! :) The dup l;isting had been an issue for
> as
>
> I have no idea what's going on, but I just noticed that I'm now getting
> the dreaded 'Media scan terminated unexpectedly (scanning progress)'
> just as the message 'building full library index' message appears (in
> other words, just AFTER scanning my Spotify account but before my media
> on the hard disc)
>
> I'm using Windows 10 Home with Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 -
> 1620025123 @ Mon May 3 09:03:08 WEDT 2021 installed. For reasons that I
> cant fathom, the site won't let me upload the scanner log. It's 27 meg
> but I zipped it down to 2 meg, but it still won't let me add it to this
> post.
>
> Any thoughts (anyone?) about the 'Media scan terminated unexpectedly
> (scanning progress)' message? I reviwed other similar posts here and
> tweaked the performance and removed the .cue files (temporariliy) as per
> advice, but it hasn't helped. I'm pretty sure it's not a corrupted mp3
> file. I've also reinstalled LMS a few times but it's not made a
> difference.
>
> ThanksEDIT 4.10pm: Hold the front page! I clicked on the option within LMS to
'clear the cache' (I'd already done this before, but it didn't help!),
rebooted everything and the double entries issue has now resolved itself
as well as the message 'media scan terminated unexpectedly' no longer
appears when scanning my media.

Fingers crossed it stays that way. [emoji106]

I've still no idea what caused the problem(s) in the first place. LMS on
my Windows 10 PC has been pretty-much rock solid for as long as I can
recall - I think it must have just had a temporary 'wobble'! [emoji51]

EDIT: 5.45pm: I spoke too soon! The message: 'media scan terminated
unexpectedly' returned after a second reboot! After a bit of detective
work, I think I may have found the cause. I *un*checked the 'Spotty
Plugin' option and rebooted again. Result - a perfect rescan of my media
with no scary messages!

As they say: "Every day's a school day!" [emoji6]

Cheers!

Sent from my Note 10+ 5G

Steve
Kettering, UK