mherger wrote:
> > Size of library.db is 3,56 GB.
> > Content: 1.077.925 titles (all MP3).
>
> Ok, that's not the Pi0 choking on a 50k tracks collection :-D.
>
> > No online music services (except internet radio).
> > Hardware: Intel i5 with 8.00 GB RAM (maybe that’s too small now for
> the
> > additional indexes…, but i get no low memory warning)
>
> Could you please closely watch memory usage while running a scan in 7.9.
>
> Does it get close to maxing out?
>
> I don't see what change in LMS8 might have increased memory consumption
>
> considerably - except if you were to import large online music
> collections. So I'm wondering whether your collection size is at a
> tipping point where even a small change in memory consumption can cause
>
> the failure. But then... 8GB should be fine IMHO. You didn't turn off
> swapping, did you?

Swapping is active.
I have logged the memory usage searches for new and changed music titles
under 7.9.3. Of the 8 GB of memory, 44% is used at the start, rising to
55% when scanning the last tracks, then dropping again and peaking at
around 65% when creating the full-text indexes at the last (7th) index,
then dropping again to around 50% during database optimization. The swap
file moves from 700 MB to around 1,000 MB in the same period, then goes
back to 700 MB. Nothing I would consider critical, unless the indexes
had much higher memory requirements under 8.2.0.
BTW: The live music archive is not an online music service, is it?
Maybe I'll try the same thing with 8.2.0, only it's a lot of time
consuming.
Thanks.
Bronx