streifenleopard wrote:
> So sorry but I have to open this topic again.
> It seems that a more severe issue has developed.
> As of now I am no longer able to play any format (mp3, wma, ogg) on any
> player (pcp, slx, sbr).
> The server.log returns "Slim::Player::Song::open (413) Error: Couldn't
> create command line for ]wma playback for (file)" a LOT of times i.e.
> the playlist is run down and each item returns the same error.

This is the error LMS states when it find a player that cannot play WMA
and there is no transcoding facility on the LMS system. It does not
state any the format cannot play.
For example, this is NORMAL when trying to play WMA file on
Squeezelite-X and the LMS system has 34 party application to convert WMA
to Flac.

If it is failing for MP3 or Ogg, It looks like you have messed up
settings.  Cannot be solved with more info on what you have done and
full logs with various logging levels enabled.

> I think it's time for a new clean install. Other error messages
> occasionally appear but they don't seem to be the root of the problem:
> "([22-01-10 23:27:47.7357] Slim::Networking::Discovery::getFakeVersion
> (129)
> You're using a Radio with a buggy firmware not recognizing this version
> of Logitech Media Server.
> Please consider patching it. Until then we'll try to play nice and
> return a fake version number...)" WHAT?

When you runs LMS 8.0, Radio has to be patched.  Later version of LMS
8.* can handle this better. Better still upgrade the Firmware in the
Radio.
I think this link is one of many.
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?113479-Announce-Community-Firmware-for-Squeezebox-Radio-Touch-Controller-and-LMS-8

> "[22-01-10 20:34:37.9557] Plugins::MusicArtistInfo::Common::__ANON__
> (161) Failed to call https://www.last.fm/music/%3F%3F%3F%3F/+images:
> Timed out waiting for data"
> I should add that LMS worked well for years now something (what?) has
> gone wrong.

This message is typical of SSL/TLS support not being up to date (i.e.
https fails with a timeout). Most station have transferred over to https
from http and so station can suddenly fail overnight
Even if the url is http - station often automatically redirect to https
URL.

In WebUI Settings/Information - what version of IO::Socket::SSL  - it
needs to be at least 2.02.
What version of OpenSSL is running on your system ?